BKXperience-Perform! Clinic at 2017 Drums Along the Rockies
DENVER, CO – For the 3rd consecutive year, the BKXperience-Perform! clinic returns to the Drums Along the Rockies (click for 2017 show info). The band clinic will feature full clinic sessions for battery, front ensemble, color guard, winds, and student leaders allowing for a greater number of students to participate.
The BKXperience-Perform! clinic–sponsored by Ascend Performing Arts, Jupiter Band Instruments, Mapex Marching Percussion, and Majestic Percussion—is a day of camaraderie and unparalleled instruction for anyone from middle school to college who is looking for a challenge that serves a lifetime. This clinic is open to battery and front ensemble percussion, all woodwinds, brass and color guard at any skill level. There will also be a clinic for drum majors and those student leaders looking to become drum majors.
Learn from the best in the performing arts world:
- Brad Toth (Blue Knights Brass Caption Head)
- Ronnie Pruitt (Blue Knights Assistant Brass Caption Head)
- Mike Jackson (Blue Knights Percussion Music Arranger/Composer and WGI Hall of Famer)
- Mike Nevin (Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble Program Director)
- Brandy Dubose (Blue Knights Color Guard Caption Head)
- …and more!
Clinic participants will learn performance techniques as well as a selection of music to be performed alongside the members of the Denver Broncos Stampede Drum Line & Brass in the opening ceremonies for the Drums Along the Rockies show immediately following the clinic. The clinic will run from 9:00am to 5:00pm at Mile High Stadium.
All clinic participants will receive:
- World class instruction by some of the best in the activity
- FREE ticket to the Drums Along The Rockies show ($20 value)
- FREE clinic t-shirt
- Lunch and Dinner meals provided
What to bring:
- Battery participants are highly encouraged to Bring Your Own Drum (BYOD)
- Front Ensemble instruments will be available in limited supply
- Brass & woodwind participants should Bring Your Own Horn (BYOH)
- Color Guard participants should bring their own flag
- With DATR Ticket:
- Early Bird: $40 before June 30th
- Pre-Pay: $50 after June 30th and before July 15th
- At the Door: $60 on July 15th
- Without DATR Ticket:
- Early Bird: $20 before June 30th
- Pre-Pay: $30 after June 30th and before July 15th
- At the Door: $40 on July 15th
To pre-register for the clinic, visit the BKMarketplace.org, complete the online form and pre-pay the fee. NOTE: Registration fee increases on July 1, 2017.
Spark! Ideas Conference
Not attending the BKXperience but want to learn more about program design for marching band, electronics & sound design, music ensemble technique and how to make your band look great?
Music educators, band directors, music & marching instructors, college students are highly encouraged to attend the Spark! Ideas Conference the afternoon of Drums Along the Rockies. Learn more here or click the button to register now!