Eligibility For Membership
We strive to bring the best people we can into the Blue Knights. We want your experience with the Blue Knights to be as educational and enjoyable as possible. If you are new to the drum corps experience, this may seem overwhelming, and it can be. Keep in mind that many thousands of individuals have successfully faced these challenges before you and found it to be one of the most rewarding times of their lives. Don’t be afraid to try!
As a member of the Blue Knights, you are making a commitment to your own development, and to the drum corps team. Your acceptance into the corps is the start of one of the most challenging and satisfying experiences of your life.
For BKXperience Clinics & Camps
1) You have parental permission (if under 18 years of age).
2) You want to improve your marching, playing, and performing skills.
3) You are considering auditioning for a spot in the Blue Knights.
Requirements for Membership
1. Attitude: You will need to maintain a positive attitude in challenging circumstances. The hours are long and the work is hard. You will be asked to do things that you’ve never done and work harder than you probably ever have. Your ability to stay positive and focused will help you and those around you meet the challenges you’ll face.
2. Attendance: You will be expected to attend all winter/spring camps required of your section (see full camp schedule). When you attend a Blue Knights audition experience event, you should discuss with the staff any known events that conflict with camp dates. If you have a critical family or school conflict with a camp, notify your caption head(s), as well as the corps management as soon as you become aware of the issue. If we don’t hear from you, we consider the absence unexcused, which could negatively impact your membership status. You will need to clear your calendar of all conflicts.
3. Financial Responsibility: Demonstrate willingness and ability to fulfill the financial commitment as described in the audition information packet made in a timely manner. Sponsorship and scholarships are available as well as tools to help raise money to help pay for your tuition fees. More information on this will be provided soon.
4. Performing Ability: The instructional staff will evaluate your abilities on your instrument/equipment, music and marching technique, your development and progress over a period of time based on specific criteria as outlined in the audition material.
5. Health: You must be physically, mentally and emotionally able to withstand the rigorous requirements of practices, performances, and travel. A complete health history and sports physical are required. If you have any doubts about this program, please discuss your concerns with corps management and medical staff.