Volunteer to Work Bingo
Our organization receives about 20% our budget from Bingo. We run two sessions per week on Wednesday and Friday evenings. Anyone over the age of 14 may work these sessions. To schedule a work session, contact our Games Manager (info below) or use click on the link to find an open session. Sign up now by clicking here.
Note: If you have a signup bookmark to the old bingo signup page that was located at bknights.org, please update with the new link. The old signup page should no longer be used.
|Wednesday Evenings:||7:30 PM Game (Report Time: 6:00 PM)|
|Friday Evenings:||7:30 PM Game (Report Time: 6:00 PM)|
|Location:||Bingo Co (map) 6520 Wadsworth Arvada, CO 80003|
|Click Here to Sign Up:|
Please, if you can help out with the bingo sessions, we would really love to have you there! Think of bingo as one of the ways you can support Ascend Performing Arts with your volunteer time. The types of jobs are:
- Caller: Trained position, but it only takes a few minutes. All the instructions are written down, and there is a staff person on duty at all times to help if you need it. It’s all automated, so you just push buttons and call the bingo balls on a headset microphone. Very simple to learn.
- Cashier: This one requires more training and is best suited for someone who can work on a regular basis. We provide the training, and written instructions are available for this position as well.
- Pickles Cashier: Minimal Training. Work with the pickle sellers providing more pickles, receiving cash, and tracking sales.
- General Workers: No training is required for this, and anyone age 14 or over is qualified for this position. This entails selling pull-tab games (called Pickles). Most pickles are $1.00 each, and it’s not a hard-sell. They come to you to buy. All you have to do is count out the number of pickles they want and collect the money. There are 3 busy times (before bingo starts, at intermission, and immediately following the session). There is some down time so you can visit with other workers or purchase food from the concession stand and have dinner or a snack.
Games Manager Contact Information:
- Phylis Ratterman: 303-427-3586
- Bingo Hall (only during our scheduled games): 303-421-2932