BKXperience-Perform! Clinic Returns to Corps Encore in 2019
OGDEN, UT – The BKXperience-Perform! Clinic will return to Utah as part of the Corps Encore show (click for 2019 show info). The band clinic will feature full clinic sessions for battery, front ensemble, color guard, winds, and student leaders allowing for a greater number of students to participate.
The BKXperience-Perform! clinic–sponsored by Ascend Performing Arts, KHS America “Academic Alliance”, Jupiter Band Instruments, Mapex Marching Percussion, and Majestic Percussion—is a day of camaraderie and unparalleled instruction for anyone from middle school to college who is looking for a challenge that serves a lifetime. This clinic is open to battery and front ensemble percussion, all woodwinds, brass and color guard at any skill level. There will also be a clinic for drum majors and those student leaders looking to become drum majors.
Learn from the best in the performing arts world:
- Mike Jackson (Blue Knights Percussion Music Arranger/Composer and WGI Hall of Fame)
- Veronica Wicks (Blue Knights Percussion Caption Head)
- Keith Tye (Blue Knights Brass Caption Head)
- Ronnie Pruitt (Ascend Education Winds Caption Head)
- Jaycee Wilson (Blue Knights Color Guard Caption Head)
- Zak Stilwell (Blue Knights Visual Caption Head)
- …and more!
Clinic participants will learn performance techniques from the world class Blue Knights staff. The clinic will run from 9:00am to 4:30pm at the Dee Event Center Basketball Arena then will be bussed to Stewart Stadium to watch the conclusion of the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps rehearsal. Clinic participants will then have a dinner meal in the stadium before watching Corps Encore.
Driving Directions to Dee Event Center: CLICK HERE!
All clinic participants will receive:
- World Class instruction by some of the best in the activity
- FREE BKX clinic t-shirt
- Lunch meal provided
- Dinner meal provided
What to bring:
- Battery participants are highly encouraged to Bring Your Own Drum (BYOD)
- Front Ensemble instruments will be available in limited supply (bring mallets)
- Brass & woodwind participants should Bring Your Own Horn (BYOH)
- Color Guard participants should bring their own flag (BYOF)
NOTE: Show tickets to Corps Encore are not included. However, if you purchase a BKX Clinic ticket, you’ll receive a discount code for a Corps Encore ticket!
- Early Bird: $30 before midnight on May 31st
- Pre-Pay: $40 after May 31st and before July 10th
- At the Door: $50 on July 10th
To pre-register for the clinic, visit the BKMarketplace.org, complete the online form and pre-pay the fee.