Assistant Food Service Manager
Assistant Food Service Manager for an internationally recognized touring music ensemble! The Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps consists of 168 performing members, and a touring staff of an additional 60 people. Join us as we develop and then bring our show to life and tour to over 30 cities across the United States!
The assistant food service manager will live on the road and prepare food from a state-of-the-art 53′ mobile kitchen. This position is responsible for assisting the food service manager as a second-in-command in managing all aspects of the nutritional program: menus, inventory control, management of volunteer assistants, and ensuring a happy environment for the social hub of our organization.
We are based in Denver, CO and the job is from May 26th through August 13th. Transportation to Denver, and housing during the tour in an entertainer-style coach are included.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite and/or Google Workspace.
- Available for the large majority of the time spanning from May 26th through August 13th.
- Experience/knowledge of drum corps, marching band, or indoor marching activities is preferred but not required.
- Experience in food service and/or preparing food for large groups of people is preferred but not required.
- Willing to submit to a Background Check.
- Assist in developing weekly or at minimum multi-day meal plans to feed four meals a day over the course of the summer season. Meals must also include choices for special dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, GF, DF, etc.).
- Assist in using the created meal plans to develop shopping lists. These shopping lists will also include other incidentals necessary. A list of most commonly used incidentals will be provided.
- Shop with the food service manager for selected items, perishable and non-perishable.
- Cook menu-planned meals. Assign food prep tasks to volunteers, referring them to recipes and/or handing out recipes to the volunteers.
- Inspect and report equipment issues to corps management.
- Maintain the mobile kitchen storage, workspace, and general cleanliness throughout the course of the summer season.