Blue Knights Anniversary Alumni Performance & Celebration Details in 2018
DENVER, CO – We are very excited to announce the participation information for the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps’ 60th/Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble’s 25th Anniversary Celebration! The weekend of events happening at Drums Along the Rockies (DATR) on July 14th, 2018 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, CO that promises to be filled with fun, laughter, and lots of great reminiscing with friends and family.
The Blue Knights Alumni Performance is available to past members of the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps, Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble (World and Open), Blue Knights Winter Brass, The Stampede Drumline, Broncos Brass, Opus X Winter Guard, Oracle Winter Guard, Blue Knights-Taiwan and Blue Knights-Bahrain performers. Available sections will be Bb/F marching brass (trumpet, mellophone, baritone, tuba), battery percussion (snare, tenors, bass, cymbals, and front ensemble), and color guard (flags and rifles).
Alumni who are unable or choose not to perform with the brass, percussion or color guard can still be part of the performance by joining the American Flag Color Guard detail (all performance fees still apply).
The Anniversary Party is open to the public and everyone is welcome to attend with a ticket!
To be a part of the first Blue Knights Alumni Corps, participants will need to pay the performance fee of $200 by no later than
November 30th, 2017 December 31st, 2017! Want to join? Contact Alex at Alumni@AscendPerformingArts.org.
Performance Fee includes:
- Lunch on rehearsal days during DATR 2018 week
- Blue Knights Alumni Polo Shirt & Khaki Pants for performance. Measurements necessary for registration (performers will supply their own black shoes (brass & percussion), or black leggings and shoes (color guard)
- Ticket to Drums Along the Rockies show
- Ascend Performing Arts Alumni Association 2018 Membership
- Ticket to Anniversary Party
- SmartMusic subscription with access to warm-up and show material
We are also offering additional add-ons to help remember the event and to have your family and friends join in on the fun:
- Special Alumni VIP Package – $40
- Includes Barbecue Dinner before show, Blue Knights Alumni Sticker, Blue Knights Alumni Shirt
- Blue Knights Age-Out Dog Tags (for BK age-outs only) (link) – $15
- Performance Flag – $40
- One of the actual silks used in performance (limited number available)
- Additional Ticket to Anniversary Party – $50 each
- Additional Drums Along the Rockies tickets for guests – To Be Determined
- Additional Lunch Tickets for guests – $15 each
If you are unable to be part of the performance or choose not to be in the performance, you are still welcome to join in the festivities by purchasing the add-on options. Volunteer opportunities are also available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more!
Options can be purchased up until May 31st, 2018.
The performance will consist of medleys of Blue Knights’ “greatest hits” including but not limited to:
- Chaconne from First Suite in E Flat
- Savannah River Holiday
- I Go On
- A BKPE Percussion Piece
- …and more!
- Followed by a special combined performance of Can’t Take My Eyes Off You with the 2018 Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps
Preparation will involved the following:
- Warm-up, practice, and performance material available in the Fall of 2017
- Local sectional rehearsals on a monthly basis (currently in Colorado and Utah and planning more locations!)
- Music will be available on SmartMusic or via email upon request
- Color Guard work will be distributed via YouTube video in the Fall of 2017
- Minimal drill involving field entry and several stand & play sets will be taught during rehearsal days prior to 2018 DATR performance.
- Rehearsals will take place from Wednesday, July 11th to Saturday, July 14th, 2018 in Denver, CO
- Wednesday, July 11th: Evening rehearsal starts at 5pm to 9pm at D’Evelyn High School. All traveling alumni should be into Denver by 2pm MST at the latest
- Thursday July, 12th: Full day of rehearsal, from 8am to 8pm at D’Evelyn High School
- Friday, July 13th:
- 8:00am – 4pm: Rehearsal at Englewood High School
- 6:30pm – 11pm: Anniversary Celebration Party At DoubleTree Hilton at Denver Tech Center
- Saturday, July 14th:
- 10am-2pm: Rehearsal at Englewood High School
- 2pm-5:30: “EPL” – Including eating, going back to your accommodations, and cleaning up
- 6pm: Arrive at stadium via bus, lightrail, or on your own (put equipment in designated area and go to seats)
- 8pm (after 4th corps): Leave stadium as group – access equipment
- 8:15pm: Walk to lot for warm-up
- 8:30pm: Begin Lot
- 9pm: End Lot
- 9:15pm: Arrive in tunnel
- 9:30pm: Go into end zone seating to watch 2018 BK
- 10:05pm: OTL
- 10:10pm: Perform
Note: Drill will be easy enough for all participants and accommodations will be made for those who want to play but are unable to march.
Registration and Deadlines:
November 30th, 2017December 31st, 2017 – Deadline to register/pay to participate. Request a late entry: Alumni@AscendPerformingArts.org
- Payment plan is also available, a $100 payment by December 31st, 2017 and a second $100 payment by January 31st, 2017 (The first payment reserves your spot in the Alumni Performance).
Join the Blue Knights Alumni Corps Facebook page to be a part of the discussion.
We look forward to welcoming Blue Knights Alumni from all over the world to celebrate 60 years of tradition, success and lifelong friends!