Take the next step in your marching education and perform at an Ascend event like Drums Along the Rockies or Corps Encore. Learn at a 1-day clinic from Ascend’s premier educational staff.
Elevate Life Performance
A unique marching band competition in Colorado that allows bands to compete with similarly sized units, not based on school classification.
Ascend partners with experienced adjudicators to bring their wealth of knowledge straight to you as part of the Friendship Cup clinic series.
The goal of the Ascend Education Program is to Promote & Support the performing arts through initiatives such as BKXperience Clinics, Spark! Ideas Conferences, and other music education initiatives:
- The BKXperience-Audition! Clinic is typically in the fall and allows student of a variety of performance levels to learn from the some of the best educators in the marching arts activity while experiencing what it is like to go through an audition experience with the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps or Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble. A number of participants join the drum corps or percussion ensemble as a result of these BKXperience events. However, everyone who participates gains improved skills, increased self-confidence, and make new friends.
- The Mile High Drum & Percussion Festival is a partnership between Ascend Performing Arts and the Denver Young Artist Orchestra. It is designed to create a unique opportunity for young percussionists in the Denver area to experience a variety of percussion styles from jazz to marching drum line to the orchestra and everything in between. This event brings together artists, educators, vendors, and students for a day of workshops, performances that will expose students to the opportunities and styles that are available to them.
- The Mile High Guard Festival is a partnership between Ascend Performing Arts and the Rocky Mountain Color Guard Association, that is designed to create a unique opportunity for color guard performers and instructors of all skill levels in the Denver area to experience a variety of color guard styles, instructional techniques and show design ideas. This event brings together artists, educators, vendors, and students in a non-competitive environment for a day of workshops, performances that will expose students to the opportunities and styles that are available to them.
- The BKXperience-Perform! Clinic is typically in the summer and are clinics invite high school and college marching band students to learn the methods and techniques taught by the best in the marching arts activity. Sessions include marching fundamentals, ensemble technique, music instruction, performance techniques. Select events (such as Inside the Blue Knights) may even allow participants to perform alongside the Blue Knights members at the end of the clinic event.
- The Spark! An Ideas Conference is a seminar for band directors, music educators, and college music students. Spark! is a proactive ideas conference to inspire, inform and share with participants and nationally recognized presenters. Sessions include both music and visual technique, fundraising ideas, and networking opportunities.
- The Ascend Music Education Program is part of Ascend Performing Arts’ educational outreach in grade school, middle school and high schools in the Denver-metro area and is designed to inspire and engage young people in the arts for life. Students will interact with the Ascend. Performing Arts’ performers through performances, clinics and jam sessions.
BKXperience-Audition! Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps Clinic
BKXperience-Perform! Clinic at Corps Encore
*Also, watch for these exciting opportunities on on our Facebook page!