Operations AssistantAn Operations Assistant for the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps is part of the corps’ Operations Team, headed by the Tour Director. This role was previously referred to as a member of the “admin team.” Operations Assistants are responsible for the on-the-ground effort which keeps the corps operating each day of the summer season, performing a wide array of tasks and duties in a fast-paced environment. Members of the Operations Team perform supply runs, transportation runs, aid in stage management, ensure proper and efficient use of facilities, assist with uniform management, work to ensure consistent timeliness of the corps, aid in coordinating transportation logistics, help ensure performers’ one-off needs are met, act as positive role models and public representatives of the corps, and more.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Drum corps administrative or operational experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with the drum corps activity is preferred.
- The ability to be in person with the corps for at least two consecutive weeks of the season spanning from May 26th through August 13th, with preference given to those who can be present for longer, or all of the summer season.
- Experience in pulling a trailer is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Willing to submit to a Background Check.
- Assist Facilities Management: Help to coordinate the corps’ pre-tour and summer tour facility usage. Act as an on-site interface between the corps and facility hosts. Identify, address, and resolve issues with facilities and with the corps’ use of facilities.
- Assist with Scheduling: Help to build, develop, and deploy operational schedules for the corps as asked.
- Assist Transportation Coordination: Assist in leading convoy operations over the road while traveling on tour. Help to plan and communicate transportation needs and routes for the corps’ tour transportation operations.
- Perform supply runs and transportation runs with corps vehicles, including 15-passenger vans, a pickup truck, and an array of trailers when needed.
- Assist in stage management, including upkeep and transportation of the summer production’s props and miscellaneous equipment.
- Aid in pushing daily timelines and the overall timeliness of the corps to ensure consistent on time departures and arrivals as a corps.
- Assist with uniform management and upkeep.
- Serve as a positive brand advocate, ambassador, and corps representative in every interaction.
- Perform other unique tasks as assigned by the Tour Director, Assistant Director, or Director.