Tour DirectorThe Tour Director of the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps is responsible for coordinating the corps’ housing, facility use, operational scheduling, and transportation, as well as managing the corps’ Operations Team. This role works closely with the corps’ Director and Assistant Director as one of the central administrative figures for the corps during the summer season. This role carries significant responsibility, as well as significant agency and potential for positive impact on the young adults of the Blue Knights.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Drum corps administrative or operational experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with the drum corps activity is preferred.
- The ability to be in person with the corps for the large majority of the time spanning from May 26th through August 13th.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Willing to submit to a Background Check.
- Housing Coordination: Plan and coordinate the corps’ summer tour housing.
- Facilities Management: Plan and coordinate the corps’ pre-tour and summer tour facility usage. Act as the on-site interface between the corps and facility hosts. Identify, address, and resolve issues with facilities and with the corps’ use of facilities.
- Operational Oversight: Review and assess needs for the corps’ daily and long-term operations, and coordinate resources to achieve those operations. Maintain a deep understanding of the corps’ operations to help guide decisions, and maximize efficiency.
- Operations Team Leadership and Management: Lead and manage the summer tour’s Operations Team. Plan, define, and communicate daily and long-term objectives and tasks for the Operations Team to execute.
- Scheduling: Build, develop, and deploy operational schedules for the corps.
- Transportation Coordination: Lead convoy operations over the road while traveling on tour. Plan and communicate transportation needs and routes for the corps’ tour transportation operations.
- Advise and collaborate with the Director and Assistant Director on decisions of major consequence to the corps with regards to operations, logistics, and systems.