Since 1958, the Blue Knights (now Ascend Performing Arts) have provided a variety of educational opportunities through its many ensembles and programs. Thousands of young people – across the country and around the world – have had the experience of a lifetime as a result of their involvement with us. By contributing financial gifts or your time to the Blue Knights, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, you help shape the lives of young people for the better. There is deep gratification knowing how you have helped young people achieve their dreams and goals.
Why Support Ascend Performing Arts?
• All youth have a need to belong. Unlike the vast number of opportunities in sports, there are few extracurricular arts activities available for musicians. Ascend programs provide a much-needed outlet for those interested in music, dance and marching arts. The organization provides opportunities for youth interested in the arts to expand their level of skills while developing them into contributing citizens.
• Members of Ascend Performing Arts ensembles gain a transformational life experience through the lessons that competitive performance uniquely provides.
• Using skills gleaned through their participation, former members have developed into effective leaders in the areas of music, becoming professional performers, instructors, and band directors at both scholastic and collegiate levels. Others have found great success in areas of business, finance, law, medicine, education, philanthropy, and the military- up to the rank of Vice Admiral in the U.S. Navy.
• Attendance at Ascend sponsored clinics and participation in the Friendship Cup High School Band Competitions provide a large number of students an experience that rewards, motivates and inspires participants to reach for higher levels of performance in all endeavors.
• Among the challenges Ascend faces is the perception that the revenue stream for Ascend programs is continuous and abundant. The reality is quite the opposite and the organization is endlessly reviewing program activities looking for ways to conserve and cut expenses.
• Ascend programs and sponsored events create an opportunity for anyone to support and celebrate the accomplishments of youth performance at the world-class level.
While it would be nice, it’s really not possible to run an organization of this magnitude, with its many Programs and Events, without sufficient volunteers or money. So we hope you are here looking for one or more of the following ways to support our existence and growth. The following pages should give you plenty of options to offer your support:
Donate – If you want to make a cold hard cash or goods donation we can accommodate that. And/or if you wish to help us earn money by your casual daily shopping or online searching lifestyle, we can suggest how to do that too.
Volunteer – We certainly can’t do it alone and welcome involvement from alumni, friends, parents, and the community at large – whether for a few hours or for a day or more. It’s fun to be part of our family.
We need volunteers and games players at our weekly Tuesday and Thursday sessions.